Castings Technology International
Cti, the world's leading provider of technology, expertise and services to the cast metals sector and global supply chain
Cti is a research and technology, Member-based organisation with unrivalled capabilities in casting design, materials development and selection, specifications, manufacturing technologies, quality control, testing and performance.
The organisation’s global membership includes casting producers, suppliers to the castings sector, and casting users, ranging from very small companies to multi-national corporations. Significant expansion in strategic activities such as product development and supply chain support has been underpinned by additional facilities on the Advanced Manufacturing Park in South Yorkshire. Opened in April 2006, Cti now has physical assets valued at £12.5m, including 90,000 sq ft of practical workshop space in which 114 employees are on target to generate revenues of £8.9m in 2008/09. These revenues result from traditional membership services, such as:
- R&D, directed largely at economic improvement of the integrity and performance of cast components.
- Technical support and advisory services associated with Analysis and Testing; Library and Information; Health, Safety and Environment; Skills, Training and Accreditation; Consultancy and Project Management; Technology and Knowledge Transfer; Seminars and Workshops; etc.
Over the past few years, new, income-generating services have been developed, such as:
- Acting as a supply chain technical intermediary to assist in resolving or pre-empting issues associated with the global procurement of castings.
- The design and manufacture of short lead-time prototypes, one-offs and small batches of fully-certified, ‘production-representative’ sand or ceramic moulded castings in any air or vacuum-melted alloy.
- Manufacturing pre-production castings to support casting users during the transfer of newly developed components to full production, and to incubate business for casting manufacturers.
- Producing titanium alloy castings through a wholly owned subsidiary – Titanium Castings (UK) Ltd.
- Manufacturing high-purity, vacuum melted ingots of steel, nickel, cobalt, titanium, zirconium and copper-based alloys, customised with respect to analysis, batch volume and shape.
These new services enable Cti itself to generate the funds necessary to sustain world-class technical support and to finance R&D relevant to Members' needs. They also enable a low annual subscription to be maintained of £2,950 (or less in certain circumstances), ensuring that the organisation is accessible to the many small companies that comprise the bulk of its membership.
If you would like to learn more about our capabilities, contact Richard Gould, Operations Manager
on + 44 (0)114 254 1144 or email@example.com
BS EN ISO 9001 : 2008 . BS EN ISO 14001 : 2004. BS EN ISO/IEC 17025 : 2005
Full list of Cti Accreditations